
Mother's Day has come and gone and I hope everyone had an amazing day! You all deserve it you hard working mommies!!! I had a great day with all my family. We enjoyed the warm sun and a scrumptious hamburger in our picnic spot in the mountains. It was a nice way to spend the day.
This post is different this time. It's not about me or my kids, its dedicated to my mom, Sandra Lynn Larson. As most of you know, my mom passed away 1 1/2 years ago, from a long, hard struggle with cancer. She fought so hard and showed everyone just how strong of a woman she really was. She died when she was 48 years old. The reason I am writing this, not only because of Mother's Day, but today is her birthday. She would have turned the big 50!
I just wanted to let everyone know how much I love my mom! She was a HUGE part in my life. We were very close. I loved doing everything with her. She enjoyed being outdoors all the time! One of my favorite things that we did together was go on long walks anywhere and everwhere. I looked forward to that all the time! My mom was an amazing example to me. My sisters, and I all learned how to be strong women. She also taught us how to be hard workers. Her love for animals was passed down through all of her children. We all miss her very much. Watching MOM die was the hardest thing any of us has ever gone through. You can never imagine something like that unless you witness it first hand. It was such an emotional roller coaster ride. The feeling I got when I realized I couldn't help her anymore was unbearable, and knowing I wouldn't be able to have her in my life anymore was extremely painful. It was such a helpless feeling watching her stuggle before she took her last breath. It is a picture in my mind that I will never forget. I am so thankful though, that we were all able to tell her how much we loved her and how much we were going to miss her. I remember touching her hand, and whispering to her that we would be okay. Even though I wondered if we really were going to be. Shortly after we all said goodbye to her, she left us. It was such a relief to know that she would not suffer anymore. We all felt a calmness in the room. It was amazing. I will never forget that day.
So I just wanted to say Happy Birthday Mom! We love you and miss you soooo much! We all look forward to the day when we will see you again!
As for everyone out there, please let your mom know how special she is to you. You never know when she will be leaving you. Let her know how much you love her. Be thankful for the time you have and be grateful that you can call her when you need to talk to her.

17 comments:
Thanks so much for writing this, it's always good to be reminded to be grateful for the things I have. I am so sorry for the loss of your Mom, I cannot imagine what you have gone through in the past couple of years! I'm sure your Mom is so proud of you and your little family, you are such a good Mom!
What a touching post. I'm sure the last few days have been more sensitive then others, hang in there.
What a nice post Lace, thanks! My thoughts have definately been all about Mom today! She would have been cussing this dumb wind on her birthday though!:)
Yeah she would be cussing the wind huh! Too funny!
Lacey that was so sweet. I had not heard about your mom. I am so sorry for your loss. Now I know where you, such a strong woman, came from. I don't remember ever meeting your mom, but she sounds amazing. I know you are making her proud.
Oh my goodness, you are a strong woman too! What an example you are!
Thanks for reminding us of how thankful we should all be. I cannot imagine losing my mom so early. I rely on her so much. You are one of the neatest people I know. You have a lot in common with your mom. I would have loved to know her. You and Zach are such great examples to us. Thanks for your friendship.. I hope you had a good mothers day. You are a fantastic mom. REALLY!!!
Lacey you are amazing. This post made me cry, I'm sorry I wasn't there for you through all of that! I hope these last couple days have been ok for you. I can't even imagine the heartache you have been going through. this made me think twice about my situation with my mom. You really are amazing! I love you!! I hope you had a wonderful mothers day, you deserve it.
LACE!!!
thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! I learned so much about your sweet mom and you through this post! You are an AMAZING woman...and I look up to you so much! I don't think I could have made it through loosing my mom...
I know it is not the same...but I will share my great mom with you! I always need a sister!!
thanks again for reminding me how special life is...and how fragile.
love ya
Lacey
I know it is not the same, but I am sure my mom would not mind another Lacey. I know that your mom is watching over all her kids right now and is smiling down on you. I am so grateful for all the wonderful Camp and Volleyball memories I have with her and my mom and all you girls. You are such a great momto your kids. I hope you had a great weekend.
That was a wonderful post! Your mom is a wonderful lady! I really admire all of you girls for being so strong through this situation! You are an example to me! It is so nice to have the gospel to remind us that families can be together forever and that we can see our loved ones again some day!
Tears are streaming down my face....That was really beautiful Lacey. She would be so proud of you and your strong attitude and beautiful family.
Lacey, that was beautiful....I can't imagine what you went through. You and your family. Your Mom was a wonderful, beautiful woman. I am so glad that you will be with her again some day. Happy Mothers day Lacey :)
Oh Lace, I'm crying. That was so sweet. Mom's are soo special aren't they? I can't imagine having to go what your family has gone through. I know your mom is still with all of you and you will get to see her again. That is the greatest piece of knowledge we have, they still live. You are such an amazing girl. Thanks for sharing!
This was such a sweet post and made me realize how important family members are, especially moms. Your mom WAS amazing and I'm sure she's proud of the great mom you've become!
Lacey, I just read your post about your Mom. She was a super Mom and wife and friend. I remember those days when she was so sick. She is in a better place and happy and watching over all of you. You are all such awesome kids and she would be so proud of you.
Wow, this is a really nice tribute to your Mom!! You are so kind to share this with us. I am sorry for your loss.
Post a Comment