Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Duck, duck, duck, GOOSE!





I just recently had a birthday and turned 26 years old! Yep your read it right, 26. So, I thought about what I wanted to do on my special day, and realized that when you get older , birthdays really don't mean as much anymore. Sad , I know, but true. I realized that I needed to do something that my kids would enjoy doing. So we loaded up in the car and headed to the nature park in Rexburg to feed the ducks and geese. Holy Moley! There had to be over 50 birds!! It was awesome! They swarmed us like flies on a cow pie! We couldn't feed them the bread fast enough. I was getting bit by the same duck the whole time. I think it was her way of getting my attention, and yes, it worked. OUCH! It's a good thing they don't have teeth. The kids and I absolutely enjoyed every moment of the crazy birds. It was so much fun. I highly recommend it. Just beware, they will run you down until you give them something to eat!!! All in all, I had a wonderful birthday! Thank you everyone who called, text, wrote on facebook, and stopped by, on my special day. I appreciate all of my friends and family!

6 comments:

Brian and Krista said...

Kay so I would be totally freaked out if that many ducks surrounded me! LOL!

lacey said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!!! YIPEE for birthdays!!!! Can't wait to see you guys!

Brett and Tiffany said...

Happy birthday Lacey! You are getting old along with the rest of us! Haha! We are as old as we feel, right?

The Rigby Bunch said...

Holy crap birds! That looks like a lot of fun! Glad ya didn't put Kaidynce down, they'd ate her up!! Glad ya had a fun bday!

johnandjana said...

Happy Belated B-day lacey. My you are old. Ha Ha!

Jennifer said...

oh so fun!! You make 26 look great!! Enjoy it. Happy late birthday. We Love you!!