Sunday, January 3, 2010

Starting 2010 with a BANG!






The holidays came and went so fast, but we enjoyed every minute of them!! Thanksgiving was yummy, Christmas was exciting, and new years day was awesome!! We started out the new year with an eventful, and cold day, hunting for ducks and geese on the river. The temperature was 26 degrees and snowy. Our transportation was a small drift boat that could barely hold all six of us. Talk about EXCITING!! I have to admit I was a little nervous about floating down river, but it worked out great. We floated to the "perfect spot", and patiently waited for the ducks and geese to fly by. Our wait wasn't too long, we had ducks coming in all over the place. It was great! Thank goodness for our chocolate lab, Diesel. He retrieved all of the birds. Zach has trained him well!! We had a great hunting day. It was a perfect way to start out our new year.

5 comments:

Brett and Tiffany said...

Wow, I bet your husband loves that you hunt with him! I better not let brett see this post! haha!

The Rigby Bunch said...

Sounds like fun! I woulda been pretty nervous in the boat though! I love the pic of Diesel he's so cute!

johnandjana said...

Boy Lacey you are a brave girl. I don't know if I would have gotten into that boat or not with the cold weather. Good job!

lacey said...

FUN!!! You guys look GREAT! What a cute couple!!!

Jennifer said...

brr, it looks like you guys had a lot of fun!!!!