Monday, March 22, 2010

Pretty Much


So the other morning I looked out our window and noticed the nieghbor's cow was having its baby. The calf was just barely sticking out and I knew it was going to be a short process, so I called for Karter to come and watch. At first he didn't know what in the world he was looking at, but after I explained that it was a baby, he was so excited and totally into it. He stared out the window with his nose smashed against the glass, not saying a word. All I could think about was the poor mom, knowing how bad it must hurt! It took about 10 minutes and finally the cow plopped out into a pile of straw. It was so small and cute! Karter was so excited to go see it so we got all dressed and walked over to the nieghbors pasture. After a while of oohing and aahhing over how cute and little the new baby calf was, Karter looked at me and asked,"mom, is that how me and Kaidynce came out of your belly?" I started laughing, and thinking, should I lie or tell the truth. I figured it made no sense to lie to him so I just answered back, "pretty much!" He started laughing and then made the comment, "so we were like little turds." Again, laughing, I just said, "pretty much." There was really nothing else I could say at the time. It was just so innocent. I love his curiosity!

6 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

Oh my gosh - that picture is just so stinkin' cute! How funny - the birds and the bees talk after seeing a calf born. And the funny thing is - yup, it's pretty much the same! :) And yup - they are just like "little turds." :)

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

that is funny! oh the way kids think!

Ronda said...

OH how I love those questions. We have been getting them a lot lately... Carter looks so cute... handsome!! TOO Funny.

Brett and Tiffany said...

The questions get a little harder as they get bigger! I remember watching baby calves as a kid too! So funny! He will laugh at that story some day!

lacey said...

oh my heck so cute. I can just imagine that entire conversation taking place! You are such a good mom!!


CUTE

johnandjana said...

That is too cute. Those were great answers Mom. I'm sure he will be satisfied fpr a long time.