Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sad Day





So as most of you know, Zach lost his mom, Cynthia, a week ago. They found her in her home unresponsive and wasn't able to bring her back. She was sitting in her recliner chair. We all think she died of a heart attack but really never found out if that was the cause or not. She was severely sick for the last 5 months, and living with us in our home. She had just moved out a week before she past away. It is a very sad time in our lives. We have once again lost a dearly loved one. I am most upset for my kids. Another grandma gone. It breaks my heart, but I know that Cynthia wouldn't have wanted to be here and be miserable like she was. She is at peace now and is with her daughter, Melanie. We are happy for her. My kids are doing ok with the fact that grandma is in heaven now. Karter is so strong and just says that he knows he will see her again and he has 2 guardian angels now. He is so amazing to me. Kaidynce doesn't understand, and I don't expect her too. She keeps asking if she can go to heaven with grandma to see her. I explain to her everyday that she will see her again just not anytime soon. It is a bittersweet thing. I love my kids and wish that they could have grandma here longer but that's just part of this life we have to live. I will miss Cynthia very much. She was an amazing friend and mother-in-law. As for Zach, he is coping as much as he can. I feel bad for him for losing his mom, cause it is a painful thing to have to go through. He is strong though. He will just keep on with his busy life. That's what I love about him, he doesn't slow down, a trait handed down to him from his mom.

13 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

Oh I'm sorry Lacey- she was always so nice when we were around her when we doubled with you guys. That's so hard that both of you have lost your mom's. Wish there was something I could do to help. I'm thinking about you and will be praying for your sweet little family.

The Huzzey's said...

I have tears. I'm so sorry you guys have had to go through this. You two know as well as I do how hard it is to lose a parent. I have been thinking of your family a lot. I love Cynthia. She will be missed by so many! Hugs to you guys! Stay strong! Love Tabbi

Ryan.Tiffany.Rosten.Wood said...

Lacey I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep your family in our my prayers.

Mandy said...

I can't imagine not having my mom around anymore. Cynthia was an amazing women... Children are amazing with the amount of faith they have when it comes to death. I think they understand better then most of us do. I actually heard about it after her funeral. Your post is a beautiful tribute to her and shows the strength she instilled in Zach. You all are in my prayers.

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

I can't imagine what you guys are going through. I am so sorry! You have been in my prayers! I hate that we couldn't make it to any of the services, but we were there in spirit! Love you guys!

johnandjana said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I just can't believe she is gone. She was such a sweet lady. We had good times on bus rides visiting and sharing stories about our kids. I will miss her a lot. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Zach and the kids. Love you guys!

Brett and Tiffany said...

We are sad to hear about Zach's mom passing away! It is never easy to let a loved one go. The great thing is we have the gospel and we know that we can live together again as families! I remember when Melanie died. She was just older than us in high school and I remember going to her funeral. I didn't know Zach's mom very well, but I knew his sister Melanie and she was a great happy girl! I can only imagine what a special reunion that was for them to see each other again!

The Foster Bunch said...

I am so sorry to about Zach's mom. That is a hard thing, as I am sure you know. Know we are thinking about you guys, and pray that your hearts will be mended with time. Thank goodness for wonderful memories you will have forever.
Love, Britt & Family

Westlund Family said...

I am so sorry for your loss. What a difficult thing. Our thoughts and prayers and with you.

Chris and Molly Wambeke said...

Your family has been in my prayers through this hard time. I have fond memories of Cynthia. Cynthia had the ability to make you feel so special and influenced so many lives for good. She will be greatly missed but I am sure she will continue to wrap you and your kids with her love. May the Lord bless you during this tough time. We love you!

lacey said...

Hillman Crew~
We are so sorry for your loss. It breaks my heart to think about what all of you must be feeling and going through. Cynthia was an amazing woman and we were all lucky to know her. Hang in there HCrew and please let us know if you need anything! We are not that far away.... HUGS

Chantell said...

Lacey, What a sweet tribute to Cynthia. She was such a sweet lady! We'll keep your family in our prayers. Love you guys! Chantell

Unknown said...

Lacey, sorry for your family's loss. I didn't know her but it sounds like she was an amazing woman, as most mother's are! The best to you and your family.