Thursday, December 1, 2011

Getting so close!


So my baby ticker is telling me that I have 17 more days to go before this little baby joins our crazy family. I hope it's right! I am sooo ready to have this baby. It is time. I am so excited to hold her in my arms and smell her fresh baby smell. I am so excited to be able to hand her over to her dad so he can love on her and give me a little break. I am so excited for my other kids. They ask about when she is coming every day. They are just as excited for her as I am.
I can't complain though. This pregnancy hasn't been to bad. I was absolutely the sickest with this one, but it could have been worse. I have been fortunate to gain little weight, and I am hardly swelling at all. The only thing that has been very frustrating is when I broke my ankle in September and had to be on crutches for about 4 weeks. That was hard being prego and hobbling around on crutches. But that came and went. Now if only my blood pressure will stay where it is. My sisters and I have the darn genes where our blood pressure goes sky high when we get pregnant, which usually causes us to be induced. I had to be induced with my other two, and Hated it with a passion! Thank goodness the blood pressure pills are working for the most part. Its right on the verge of being too high. My awesome midwife, Helene, says we will just take it a week at a time. Fingers are crossed that I will go on my own. That's what I want the most out of this whole pregnancy is to be able to experience natural birth without the use of pitocin. So hopefully the next 2 weeks will go smoothly.
On another note, I am so happy to be having another daughter. That's what I wanted, was for Kaidynce to have a sister. Now hopefully down the road Karter will have a little brother. He thinks he needs one ! LOL! We will see.
I just hope everything goes extra smooth with the labor that will be happening sooner that I am probably ready for. Fingers, toes, and eye balls crosses for sure!

6 comments:

cortney and neil said...

I am so excited for You! I hope it goes well. I can't wait to see her.

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

Congrats! I will be hoping for a pre-eclampsia free delivery for you! Looking forward to baby pics!

Beth Willmore said...

So excited for you Lace - can't wait to see pictures and I hope that you go into labor on your own and that it all goes smoothly. You're some kind of amazing momma to do that all natural! I love it that Carter wants a brother - that's how Meg was when we found out Mace was a boy. She was heartbroken and wanted a little sister so badly! Good luck!

Brett and Tiffany said...

Helene is AWESOME! She delivered my last two and Kallie came so quickly I didn't have any drugs...all natural! She was amazing to get us through that process! Good luck!

Mandi said...

I am really excited for you and a little jealous. There is nothing like a brand new baby and mine is almost a year, not so brand new anymore. I think about you guys a lot and I can't help but think there are two awesome grandmas in heaven smothering that baby with loves and kisses before she leaves them and comes to you! What wonderful people they both were! Good Luck, cant wait to see pics of this baby!

The Rigby Bunch said...

I'm so excited to meet her and cuddle her too!! You do look great and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that you can go in on your own. It is so much nicer that way!!