Alright so time has gotten away from me and I have neglected my blog. So sorry! We have had a lot of things going on in our lives but I am trying to figure out my new computer, so bare with me.
So Lizzy is now 4 months old. Sniff, sniff. It does make me sad, but really happy too. She is amazing and such a fast learner. She started rolling over at 2 1/2 months old and is working on sitting up on her own. She is so determined that it is scary. She's got little abs of steel! She is holding her bottle and every thing else that she can get her little hands on, especially her soft blankets and my hair. I will not be surprised if she is an early walker. She is also a very long baby. She weighs 12.9 pounds and is 26.5 inches long. That puts her in the 99% for her height. Its crazy. She is already wearing 6 month clothes cause she is too long. Its so interesting how different each baby has been. Lizzy also has such a spunky personality. she is always happy and easy going. She makes it very easy being her mom and even easier making the transition of 2 kids to 3. thank goodness!!! BUT, I've got to figure out the sleeping at night issue that i am having. She wakes up sometimes every hour . It makes me go crazy! all she wants is her darn pacifier or her bottle . I have gotten to that point of having to let her cry it out a few times because I am just too darn tired to get my old body out of bed again for the millionth time. I am trying to positive about the situation and crossing my fingers that she will catch on that I need my sleep too. Hahahah! Any advice would be very appreciated . Please help!!


2 comments:
Oh my heavens that no sleep thing will drop you on your face quicker than anything else! I know it's hard, but honestly the cry it out thing always worked for us. You have to shut off the monitor and shut doors and put a pillow over your head though so you're not just sitting in your room crying as loud as she is! (Or take an Ambien or something before you go to bed!)
I look at it this way, if she's physically able to go throughout the night without a bottle (or half the night) then there's no need to her to be up, it's just a habit at this point!
Good luck momma! Sleep makes everything better (oh and pop too!)
Thanks for the advice Beth. I've been doing the cry it out technique and it is so hard but doable . I will just have to keep on it.
Post a Comment